The Zigzag (White Edition)
The Zigzag (White Edition)
Our candles are made from 100% pure beeswax, handcrafted from locally sourced beeswax from Belgian and Dutch beekeepers.
Beeswax is an ancient material that has been used for candles for centuries, and is celebrated for its exceptional qualities. Our beeswax candles burn cleanly and emit a warm, golden light that creates a cozy ambiance in any space.
The best part? Beeswax is a 100% natural material that's free of toxins, making it an excellent choice for health and eco-conscious individuals. Plus, it acts as a natural air purifier, helping to cleanse the air of pollutants and allergens.
To learn more about the many benefits of beeswax candles visit our dedicated page.
Do you or a loved one suffer from allergies caused by pollutants in the air? If so, you know how frustrating it can be to constantly deal with symptoms like sneezing, wheezing, and itchy eyes. Luckily, our beeswax candles can provide relief.
Did you know that pollutants like pollen, dust, and mites all carry a positive charge? That's why they tend to stay in the air and cause so much trouble.
Beeswax candles emit negative ions when burned, which can help to purify the air and neutralize these pollutants.
In fact, our beeswax candles are an effective way to reduce symptoms of asthma, pollen allergies, and hay fever. So, not only do they provide a warm and cozy ambiance, but they can also help to improve your health and well-being.
Try our beeswax candles today and see the difference for yourself! Breathe easier and enjoy the benefits of a cleaner, healthier indoor environment.
Beeswax compared to other waxes
Beeswax compared to other waxes
Regular scented candles are not a smart choice because they are often cheap and not sustainable.
Most candles on the market are made from paraffin wax and are a source of indoor air pollution, putting off chemicals that are considered just as dangerous as secondhand smoke. Paraffin is a byproduct of petroleum, so it releases highly toxic benzene and toluene when burned, which are known carcinogens. Moreover, many of these scented candles have wicks that contain heavy metals that are released into the air when burned.
Soy wax is mostly produced on an industrial scale on overseas continents with pesticides and fertilizers, contributing to ongoing mass deforestation around the world. Its production is linked to a multitude of negative environmental and socio-economic impacts, and it is not fully eco-friendly or sustainable.
For these reasons, we are strong advocates for using beeswax in candle-making and hope to educate more people on this topic through Prairie by Coco.
Some of the many benefits include:
- longer and better burn time
- natural and more sustainable
- purifying and healing properties
Our value explained
Our value explained
- At Prairie, we believe in the beauty of sustainability and the importance of supporting honeybee communities. That's why we source our products locally in Belgium and The Netherlands to use the finest, sustainably sourced beeswax to create our candles, which are not only eco-friendly but also long-lasting and health-promoting.
- Beeswax is one of the most sustainable waxes available, but it comes at a price due to the extensive production process. From being made by honeybees to being extracted, cleaned, and packaged by beekeeper stores, the cost adds up. However, we believe that supporting the honeybee community is vital, and that's why we are committed to providing you with the highest quality beeswax candles.
- Our beeswax candles are made with the utmost care and attention to detail. We have spent countless hours perfecting our recipe to ensure that our candles are of the highest quality. And, while the cost of beeswax is higher than that of soy or paraffin wax, our candles have many benefits, including an extra-long burn time and the ability to purify the air in your home. This is especially interesting for people with allergies or respiratory isssues.
- We take pride in the beautiful packaging that our candles come in, as we want each one to be a special gifting experience.
- All things considered, we are proud to offer you the best value for your money despite the high cost of beeswax. We are committed to the health and well-being of our customers and the environment, and we believe that the benefits of beeswax candles definitely outweigh the price.
Please visit our dedicated candle care & safety page for detailed explanations on how to use our candles.
Recommendations & Instructions:
- Burn the candles on fire-resistant surfaces and far from inflammable objects.
- Keep the candles away from children & pets.
- Don't leave burning candles unattended.
- Don't burn candles for longer than 1 hour at a time.
- Our candles include pigments that could leave a colour mark on certain surfaces. We suggest you place them on easily washable surfaces or coasters.
- Be aware that beeswax candles naturally turn white when they're exposed to some temperature changes. It's a natural process called "blooming". Only 100% pure beeswax candles will bloom. You can wipe off the bloom with a soft cloth.
Easy Returns and Exchanges
We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. That's why we offer a 14-day return policy, which gives you plenty of time to decide if our product is right for you. If you're not completely satisfied, we're here to help.
How to Return
To set up a return, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your receipt or proof of purchase. We'll provide you with instructions on how and when to return your item to our atelier in Antwerp. Please note that items must be in the same condition as when you received them, unused, with tags, and in their original packaging. Returns without prior authorization will not be accepted.
Damages and Issues
We stand behind the quality of our products. If you receive a damaged or defective item, or if there was an error with your order, please contact us immediately. We'll make sure to evaluate the issue and make it right.
Custom products, such as special orders or personalized items, cannot be returned. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns about your specific item. Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on sale items or gift cards.
If the reason for return is accepted, we’ll send you instructions on when to bring or ship back your order to our atelier in Antwerp. We do not provide shipping labels, and return costs will not be reimbursed. Items brought back to Prairie without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
Once we've received and inspected your return, we'll notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund. If approved, we'll refund your preferred payment method. Please note that it may take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund.
If you have any questions about our return policy or need assistance with a return or exchange, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Why is beekeeping important?
Honey bees are essential for the ecosystem and the food we eat, Yet their population is threatened and in danger.
That's why it's crucial to take good care of these amazing creatures. However, beekeeping is a demanding job that requires a lot of time and effort.
Making candles from beeswax is a great way to avoid waste from the honey-making process, while supporting local beekeepers financially.
By using beeswax candles, you not only contribute to the preservation of honey bees, but you also get to enjoy the natural benefits of this amazing material.
Not satisfied with your order? Feel free to return your order to get your money back.
We take pride in the quality of our products. If your order arrives damaged, please let us know within 24 hours of delivery so we can promptly repair or replace your order, or provide you with a refund.