About Dried Flowers
Why Dried Flowers?
Dried flowers are the perfect alternative to standard cut flowers.
- Prairie's dried flower bouquets are a sustainable choice that can help reduce your carbon footprint.
- Our dried flowers are sourced from local suppliers in Antwerp, supporting our mission of sustainability and local businesses.
- Each of our dried flower bouquets is unique and handmade, bringing a timeless and decorative touch to your living space.
- Our bouquets will last for at least one year, retaining their bright colors
- There is no need for active maintenance or care for our dried flower bouquets.
- Dried flowers do not rot or attract unwanted insects, making them a hassle-free choice for your home.
- Prairie's dried flowers add a warm and sustainable touch to your living space.
SUSTAINABLE & ECO-FRIENDLY
When it comes to reducing your carbon footprint, choosing a dried flower bouquet over cut flowers is a simple but impactful choice.
The fresh flower trade is a major contributor to greenhouse gas emissions, with many flowers flown in from distant countries in refrigerated planes. By contrast, dried flowers have a much smaller environmental impact. They require no excessive water usage, pesticides, or wasteful packaging.
At Prairie, our dried flower bouquets are a timeless alternative to traditional cut flowers. They can stay vibrant and beautiful for up to several years, meaning you can enjoy their natural beauty without the environmental cost of constantly purchasing new flowers.
By choosing dried flowers, you can help decrease the number of flowers grown and shipped around the world, making it a smart and sustainable choice for both your budget and the planet.
There is no need to actively maintain your bouquet, as dried flowers do not need water. (how great is that?)
How to care for your dried flowers:
- Be careful: dried flowers are much more fragile than fresh cut flowers.
- No water: There is no need to water your dried flower bouquet.
- Avoid putting the bouquet in direct sunlight: It may affect the vibrance of particular dried grasses.
- Keep in mind that your bouquet can last up to at least six months and more, so give it a nice place of its own!
SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESSES
At Prairie, we are deeply committed to sustainability, quality, and service. That's why we go the extra mile to source our dried flowers and materials from local suppliers right here in Antwerp.
We believe that supporting our local community is key to reducing our carbon footprint and creating a more sustainable future. By working with local suppliers, we can ensure that our products are of the highest quality, while also reducing the environmental impact of shipping and transportation.
When you choose Prairie, you're not only supporting our business, but also other local suppliers who share our commitment to sustainability. Together, we can create a more beautiful and sustainable world, one dried flower bouquet at a time.
Make every part of your home look beautiful with natural decorations that are sustainable and consistent with your interior's vibe.
Instead of constantly searching for a new cut flower bouquet to match your living space every month, a dried flower bouquet will consistently fit in for much longer.
We offer a variety of product collections, including our unique dried flower bouquets (the "Originals") as well as reproductions of past favorites (the "Reproductions").
Let us know if you would like us to create a dried flower bouquet you've seen before or if you want a custom bouquet that perfectly matches your interior.
Each of our handmade dried flower bouquets brings a warm and fun touch to your space, with no two bouquets alike. We start with a base piece and then craft a one-of-a-kind arrangement, so even our reproductions use similar grasses and retain the color palette of the original but are not exact copies.
Our minimalist bouquets are timeless and made with sustainability in mind, and will bring a unique and lasting vibe to any room in your home.